banner

banner

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Proud to introduce the Blues United community!

I, like a lot of kids, grew up on the music my parents listened to. Rock and roll music -- Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, KISS, AC/DC -- was by bread and butter. Until about age 13. During a visit to my uncle's place, we were listening to the music channels on cable. I am not sure if they have those anymore, but, basically, it was radio on the TV. We were likely listening to some classic rock or metal (I think I remember Blue Oyster Cult) when he looked at me and, with an air of intensity and subtle excitement, like he had a secret, asked, "You wanna hear some REAL shit?"

Umm . . . Yes, please.

What kid doesn't want to hear great music. So, he turns the television to a channel labeled "Blues." Now I had heard of the blues before this, and had even heard it in the form of blues rock, but this . . . this was something completely different. It was Robert Johnson's "Walking Blues." I didn't know music like this existed and was surprised that I liked an old, crackly song that was just a guy and a guitar. But I did like it. I loved it.

Now, at 27, I have been immersing myself in blues music ever since. My passion has inspired me to create a community of blues lovers worldwide that can share in the greatest music tradition in the world. Please engage and share your blues story. The Facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/inblueswetrust

No comments:

Post a Comment